12: Podcasting Is The New…
This week Podcast Professors Mark and Jaime chat about podcasting as the new networking, and dive into some of the creative process behind creating amazing show openers and segment transitions. Mark brings his industry background and Emmy-winning personality to bear and gives some truly insightful tips out in the second half of this episode, don’t miss it!
Podcasting Has Matured
- More and more people are taking advantage of this platform, to connect with audiences and share amazing content around the world.
- Podcasts are a personal radio show. There are no rules – you can just pick up this medium, be yourself, and run with it.
- As audio networking, being a podcast host or guest can give you loads of authority quickly in almost any niche.
Jaime Tried Out Blab.IM this week, and shares his experiences.
- Up to 4 people can chat and network together. Combination of Periscope, Zoom and Youtube. You can stream video, or just audio.
- Should we be on Blab? Let us know.
Crafting Show Openers And Trinsitions
- Think about the words you’re saying, and how you’re using them.
- Don’t treat this as an advertisement. Put some pauses in, space out what you’re saying.
- Less is more. Try working with just a single line, or a few phrases.
- When writing, use Times New Roman font, size 10. 4 lines on the page gives you approximately 15 seconds read aloud.